Junior Helicopter Experience
A once in a lifetime opportunity to take the controls of a Helicopter designed specifically with 10 – 16 year olds in mind.
- 15 minute flight (rotors running) in our popular Robinson R22 2-seater helicopter
- You’ll discover the principles of flight, how the helicopter flies and is controlled, including start-up and shut down procedures in a one-to-one briefing inc tour of Elstree Aerodrome
- An opportunity for one to take the controls and see how exhilarating it is to fly!
- Fly out into the surrounding area; Warner Bros. and Elstree Studios and see the famous London skyline
- Certificate of achievement
- Post-flight debrief and the chance to purchase any photos or DVD footage from your flight (watch our example video here).
- For more info or to book please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 118 8998
The experience begins with a one to one safety briefing, where a pilot will explain how the helicopter flies and how to control the aircraft. This will be followed by a tour of the Aerodrome a member of our ground handling team will take you to the aircraft when after a photo opportunity, you will meet your instructor and take your seat in the helicopter. Once onboard you will wave to the in-flight camera, it will be time for take-off.
You will then soar above the famous Elstree Airfield whilst loved ones watch from the ground. Your instructor will decide when it is appropriate for you to take the controls and truly feel what it is like to FLY! The lesson concludes with a hover challenge where you will try and maintain the R22 in a well controlled hover for as long as possible.
After the flight you will both receive your Certificate of Achievement and can purchase any photos or DVD footage of your experience. These are a great keepsake to show off to your friends and family with your flying skills and relive the moment again and again!
During your visit please enjoy our flying school facilities; browse some of our modern art or play our pinball machine. We have a few toys to keep little ones amused and there is a cafe located at the Aerodrome should you need a snack.