G2 London Olympic Skyline Helicopter Lesson
The 80-minute London Olympic Skyline lesson is designed to give a taste of what it feels like to fly in a helicopter whilst getting up close and personal with some of London’s most iconic landmarks.
Fly nearby to the Olympic Stadium, ArcelorMittal Orbit and the Shard as part of your one-to-one lesson.
This lesson is for one person flying in the Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter.
- 40 minute flight (rotors running) in the modern Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter
- Available to book 7 days a week (depending on availability)
- Tuition is divided equally between the aircraft and the classroom
- You’ll discover the principles of flight, how the helicopter flies and is controlled, including start-up and shut down procedures in a one-to-one lesson experience
- You will have an opportunity to take the controls and see how exhilarating it is to fly!
- Fly out into the surrounding area where you can take in the luscious Hertfordshire countryside before continuing your route over the Lea Valley Reservoirs and over to East London where iconic landmarks such as the Olympic Stadium and ArcelorMittal Orbit can be seen!
- Certificate of achievement
- Post-flight debrief followed by the chance to purchase any photos or the personalised in-flight video footage from your flight (watch our example video here)
- Opportunity to log your 40-minutes flying time in your log book with your Instructor if you are training, or plan to train, towards your PPL(H)
- For more info or to book please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 118 8998
We begin with a briefing, where we will ensure you fully understand the basic aircraft safety checks, procedures plus necessary ground and airborne emergency drills. You will then be taken through the protocol for the dual controls of the helicopter. As we don’t have the luxury of auto-pilot it must be clear who has control at all times. You will also be informed of the Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and during your flight you will have the opportunity to assist your instructor in spotting other aircraft during your flight, just like a real co-pilot.
A member of our ground handling team will take you to the aircraft when after a photo opportunity, you will meet your instructor and take your seat in the helicopter. After final checks you will experience the incredible feeling of vertical take-off and the euphoric sense of freedom as you see the landscape from a 360˚ viewpoint. Whilst you familiarise yourself with the new sensations of helicopter flight, your instructor will introduce you to the geography of the aerodrome and local area. Your instructor will decide when it is appropriate for you to take the controls and truly feel what it is like to live the dream and FLY! The planned route will take you across Hertfordshire countryside, over the Lea Valley reservoirs and into the East side of London Town before heading back to Elstree.
Once landed you will be escorted back to the Flying School where you will receive your certificate of achievement. You will then have the opportunity to purchase any photos or the personalised in-flight video footage of your lesson. This is a great keepsake to WOW your friends and family with your flight route and relive the moment again and again!
During your visit please enjoy our flying school facilities; browse some of our modern art or play our pinball machine. We have a few toys to keep little ones amused and there is a cafe located at the Aerodrome should you need a snack.
For health and safety reasons, you must be able to speak and understand English to participate in any of our helicopter lesson or experiences. Height, weight and age restrictions apply. Only lessons 30 minutes or longer are available to fly on weekends and bank holidays. For full booking terms and conditions please click here