R22 120 Minute Trial Lesson
The Robinson R22 120 minute trial lesson is designed to give a taste of what it is to fly a helicopter.
- 60 minute flight (rotors running) in our popular Robinson R22 2-seater helicopter
- Tuition is divided equally between the aircraft and the classroom
- You’ll discover the principles of flight, how the helicopter flies and is controlled, including start-up and shut down procedures in a group briefing
- An opportunity to take the controls and see how exhilarating it is to fly!
- Fly out into the surrounding area; Warner Bros. and Elstree Studios and see the famous London skyline.
- Certificate of achievement
- Post-flight debrief and the chance to purchase any photos or DVD footage from your flight (watch our example video here).
- For more info or to book please contact email@example.com or call 0207 118 8998
We begin with a briefing, where we will ensure you fully understand the basic aircraft safety checks, procedures plus necessary ground and airborne emergency drills. You will then be taken through the protocol for the dual controls of the helicopter. As we don’t have the luxury of auto-pilot it must be clear who has control at all times. You will also be informed of the Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and during your flight you will have the opportunity to assist your instructor in spotting other aircraft during your flight, just like a real co-pilot.
A member of our ground handling team will take you to the aircraft when after a photo opportunity, you will meet your instructor and take your seat in the helicopter. After final checks, then you will experience the incredible feeling of vertical take-off and the euphoric sense of freedom as you see the landscape from a 360˚ viewpoint. Whilst you familiarise yourself with the new sensations of helicopter flight, your instructor will introduce you to the geography of the aerodrome and local area. Your instructor will decide when it is appropriate for you to take the controls and truly feel what it is like to live the dream and FLY! The lesson concludes with a hover challenge where you will try and maintain the R22 in a well controlled hover for as long as possible.
Once landed you will be escorted back to the Flying School where you will receive your certificate of achievement and will have the opportunity to purchase any photos or DVD footage of your lesson. This is a great keepsake to WOW your friends and family with your flying skills and relive the moment again and again!
During your visit please enjoy our flying school facilities; browse some of our modern art or play our pinball machine. We have a few toys to keep little ones amused and there is a cafe located at the Aerodrome should you need a snack.