Our COVID-19 Fly Safe Strategy
After 14 long weeks of flight training lock-down, we are back in the flying school and the cockpit. Before we could commence flight training we had to complete a risk assessment. We spent some time looking at all the areas of our procedures alongside government guidelines for COVID-19. A top priority was of course to overcome the obvious issue of how we can social distance in the cockpit, together with the slightly simpler task of the flying school itself and we have been prepping the flying school and safety procedures accordingly ready for your arrival. Our COVID SAFE strategy is therefore in place to ensure all our flight instructors, staff, students and everyone visiting the flying school are kept as safe as possible.
What to expect
- COVID-free declarations are to be completed 1 week prior to your flight (if you have a last minute booking a member of our team will fast track this for you). Students are asked to complete and renew on a lesson by lesson basis. We are also asking that you email us your day membership forms as well as your ID prior to your flight. This is to try and make sure that check-in is as contactless as possible.
- When you arrive at the Flying School please ring the doorbell and you will be greeted by a member of staff who will take your temperature at the door. We ask that you enter through our air side doors (directions provided).
- All pilots, instructors and ground crew will be wearing PPE and we kindly ask you to wear a face covering throughout your visit to protect yourself and our staff
- We have put in place a one way system
- Hand washing/sanitising procedures will be explained to you by a member of our ground crew
- Our briefings will be carried out using social distancing guidelines of 1+m
- We ask any guests/spectators who are not flying to wait outside the flying school
- Our games, drinks machine and water cooler are currently not in use, but bottles of water are available to purchase.
- At this current time our toilets will not be in use
- Lockers are not in use so please minimise the belongings you carry into the flying school; ideally leave keys, wallets and phones etc. with someone or alternatively in the car.
- We will only be accepting card/contactless payments
- Clean/wash/sanitise your hands before you enter the aircraft and immediately after
- We sanitise the helis after every flight (instruments, handles etc.). Face coverings are mandatory, keeping both you and our flight instructors safe. Advice on positioning your glasses/sunglasses to avoid steaming up will be given.*
- Gloves are available but are not essential
We understand there’s a lot of information to take in but please be assured these measures are in place to protect you and will not affect your enjoyment of your flight. Our ground crew will cover our safety procedures for you during your briefing, so don’t worry if you can’t remember it all. If you have any questions or exceptional circumstances that may mean that you are unable to follow any of our COVID SAFE procedures please contact a member of the team before you arrive email@example.com
* Students and self-fly hirers will be given their own set of headset PPE; protecting both the microphone and the ears pieces.