HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
In Person, by Email, by Phone, on our Website (through cookies), Social Media (through direct contact or interaction from yourself) and our Day Membership Form (hard copy or digital).
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
By booking and/or taking part in one of our flights we will gather some or all of the following personal details: Your full name, phone number, email address, Height & Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Address (inc postcode), copies of photo I.D. and proof of address, Personal details of next of kin, Personal details of Parent or Guardian (if under 16).
By visiting our website we will collect some or all of the following:
Information that does not directly identify you
- Your IP address (through cookies)
- Location data (via your IP address)
- Website usage statistics (E.g. Time spent on our Website/Number of pages visited)
Information that does directly identify you
- Name (Newsletter sign up, contact form or leaving a comment)
- Email (Newsletter sign up, contact form or leaving a comment)
- Any other information you put in a comment or contact form
By interacting with us or by directly contacting us on Social Media (e.g. Facebook) we will collect some or all of the following:
- Full Name
- Any other information you leave on a page, in a comment or message
We record every flight by the order of Elstree Aerodrome Management.
As part of our Trial Lessons and experiences we take photos if requested.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Much of the personal information we collect is required of us by the Civil Aviation Authority in accordance to relevant anti-terror legislation to keep a record of those who have received any form of flight training
- For operational purposes (E.g. confirming bookings, rescheduling or calculating weight and balance)
- To contact you directly to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions
- To contact you directly via Social Media in relation to any competitions and/or prize draws you have entered
- To remember you when you visit our website and how you interact with the website by using cookies
- We may use your information to identify your interests, allowing us to offer more relevant products, services and promotions
- All flights are recorded by the order of Elstree Aerodrome Management. We may use the video footage for training and marketing purposes
- Any photos taken during your flight may be used for marketing purposes
HOW DO WE KNOW YOU WANT TO HEAR FROM US
We always seek to explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS or post.
Our policy is as follows:
- If you contact us via email, phone, post or via an online form, we deem this as granting explicit permission for us to contact you, as this contact will be directly related to using our services
- If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter and promotional emails, you must opt-in via our website or opt-in via the Day Membership Form by providing an email address
- If you have expressed an interest in one of our products, services or promotions, throughout the process of booking and/or during your experience, we may contact you with further information
You may opt-out of any contact with us at any time by using the unsubscribe tool in our newsletters and promotional emails, replying to any other form of contact with your opt-out request or send an email to email@example.com with your opt-out request.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our clients use the website (e.g. your landing page or products you’ve visited)
- Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible and remember your settings preferences (e.g. products added to cart)
We use Google AdWords, Google Analytics remarketing, Facebook Custom Audiences and Facebook Dynamic Remarketing to market our sites across the web. We place a cookie on a browser, and then a third party (Google/Facebook) reads these cookies and may serve an ad on a third party site. You may opt-out of this ad serving on Google’s and Facebook’s opt-out pages. If you are concerned about third party cookies served by networks, you should also visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
MANAGING YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu within your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
If requested we may be required to supply video footage of your flight to Elstree Aerodrome to comply with aerodrome management rules.
We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf.
We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect it.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “How we use your information”.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over said website. We will always do our utmost to ensure the links we provide are safe and secure; though we do stress that we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. We therefore encourage you to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this policy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to access and erase personal information held about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Flying Pig Helicopters, Flying Pig House, Elstree Aerodrome, Hogg Lane, Borehamwood, WD6 3AW or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A small admin fee of £10 will be payable. You will have to provide proof of identification.
You must have provided consent for us to use your data and have the right to withdraw this at anytime (see the section “how do we know you want to hear from us”).
IF YOU DON’T FEEL WE’RE ADHERING TO THIS POLICY, WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email email@example.com and we will investigate and if necessary take steps to resolve the problem promptly.
Last updated: 24/05/2018